Friday 16 November 2012

Spotlight - Georgiana Louis

Please click on date button to view entire post
Hi everyone,
                     Please make welcome the lovely Georgiana Louis. Georgiana is an Australian author, who is also a qualified chiropractor and a mum. She has several works in the pipeline but her debut book, 'Nanny in Paradise' is soon to be released by Red Rose Publishing.

Hi Georgiana and thanks for dropping by for a chat!


What type of romance do you write?
Generally Historical Romance set in the Regency period- London. However Nanny in Paradise is a contemporary romance.
How did you come up with the idea for your story?
Well, I love Greek men and I always wanted to be a nanny, so I just started and the story came out by itself.
With The Spares series, I was at our beach house and I was reading Julia Quinn’s books. It was thinking about the ‘heir and a spare’ idea. Then I thought it would be interesting to have a series where the spare sons of rich titled families all end up inheriting through different reasons- but they all don’t wish to. And the idea stuck and got developed.
How do you develop your plot and characters?
I have a general idea about the plot and then as I’m writing it I see where the story takes me. Same with the characters. When I’m really in the writing zone I feel as though the story is happening in my head and I just record what happens. I don’t feel as though I have a whole lot of control over what happens.
Are you working on anything at the present?
I’m always editing, but at the moment I am writing the fourth book in my Regency series ‘The Spares.’ It’s called the Rakehell Duke.
How do you come up with the titles to your books?
I like a title to be catchy but also to describe the story well. Nanny wanted is about a millionaire who needs a nanny to help him raise his 2 year old niece- so that’s self explanatory.
Each of the Spares titles are a description of the hero- and also start with R- just because that’s what the first one started with and i55cxgcx5 wanted a common thread to run through them. Their titles are- The Reluctant Duke, The Ruined Marquis, The Recalcitrant Earl and The Rakehell Duke.
What made you want to be a writer?
I ran out of books one day and decided the story in my head deserved a piece of paper- I never really decided to be a writer.
What inspires your writing?
I don’t really know. I started writing because I had a whole story buzzing around my head and I had to get it out. It’s still the case. I can only make myself write when I am in the ‘mood’ to. Sometimes I read, sometimes I edit, other days I need to write. But I only want to do one thing at a time.
What books or authors have most influenced your own writing?
Sabrina Jeffries, Julia Quinn and Eloisa James. I’ve also recently made friends with a US writer, Kissa Starling. She writes erotica which is quite different to my style and yet I have really enjoyed sharing my stories with her and getting her feedback. I think she’s rubbing off on me a little bit ;-)
What's your favourite book?
Ohh, impossible. Favourite as in, read the most amount of times? Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, How beauty tamed the beast by Eloisa James and The truth about Lord Stoneville by Sabrina Jeffries- I love a tortured hero.
Dreams and aspirations... what’s the one thing you want to do, see or experience above all else?
I want to see my young daughters grow into beautiful, confident and good people. Everything else can wait.
And now for the really tough questions...

What is your favourite food?
Chocolate and home made lemon meringue pie.
What is a talent you wish you had, but don't?
Singing in tune.
If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be?
New York City- I want to see what all the fuss is about.

Georgiana, thanks so much for stopping by.
I wish you well with your writing and look forward to reading your books.

Don't forget, Georgiana's 'Nanny in Paradise' is being released this Christmas by Red Rose Publishing.
Nicole  xx



Nanny in Paradise is a story about Alexander Grigorakis. A greek millionaire who needs the assistance of a nanny to help him raise his two year old niece. Cara Quincy, an Australian nanny, ticks every box. She also ticks every box for Alex, except for the fact that she is his employee. Class rules dictate that Alex leave Cara alone, but her beguiling smile and innocence make that impossible.


Excerpt

 
Alex smiled.  He knew Olivia wanted him.  She had made it obvious over the years.  However tempting it was on occasion, Alex had never indulged.  He knew her parents well and had never wanted to mix the two.

“Christos, so good to see you,” Alex greeted his closest friend with a hug.

“How’s life?”

“Amazing as always,” Christos grinned.

  Christos was a known ladies man, he had perfect taste in women, clothes and the stock market- some of the main reasons Alex liked him.

Who, is that?” Christos asked Alex, his eyes twinkling with interest.

Alex closed his eyes. Christos knew every female guest.

“Cara,” Alex breathed, turning to watch the object of his dreams walk through the door, Amelia in her arms.

Cara smiled at Alex, looking directly up into his black eyes.

“I’m sorry to interrupt you Mr. Grigorakis, but Amelia has come to say good night to you.”

She hoisted Amelia up on her hip and gave her an encouraging smile.

“You can do it,” Cara whispered into her ear. 

Amelia had been practicing her Greek for weeks.  Alex’s friends were all staring at her now and Cara felt her face blush red at their obvious attention.

Gala Nicta Thio,” Amelia said quietly, her eyes downcast as she nervously recited the Greek she had been taught.

Alex looked taken aback but quickly recovered himself. He smiled at Cara.

“Well done Amelia,” Alex praised his niece, a few ooh’s and aah’s coming from his female guests.  Amelia lifted her head to see Alex’s smile, then noticed everyone looking at her and cuddled closer into Cara’s chest.  Amelia whispered into Cara’s ear and Alex saw Cara’s eyes grow worried.

She smiled gently. “Of course you can.”

Sa ga po,” Amelia said quietly, telling Alex she loved him.

Alex’s gut wrenched. He had not expected to hear those words and he froze.

Cara’s eyes were on him, pleading with him to return the words, when she saw Alex freeze she jumped in.

“Your uncle loves you too sweetie.  And you said that so perfectly, I am so proud of you.”  The pointed words were mostly for Alex’s benefit, but she knew Amelia needed to hear them as well.

Cara kissed Amelia on the head and tucked her head into the crook of her neck. Cara then gave Alex a stare that would have withered a twenty foot oak tree. Then she walked away.

Who was that amazing creature?” Christos asked Alex in Greek, his eyes clearly enjoying the sight of Cara walking away.

“Amelia’s nanny,” Alex told his friend slowly, still reeling from the shock of what had just happened.

“Why didn’t you invite her to the party?  She’d probably be more fun than these stuffy bitches,” Christos sneered quietly.  “Did you see the death stare she gave you?  Are you sure she works for you?”

Christos walked off laughing.

“Yes, I know,” Alex sighed.

 

 
 
 
 

 





 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment