Monday 5 August 2013

Summer Lovin' Blog Hop



Please click date button to view entire post.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for dropping in and joining our Summer Lovin’ Blog Hop. And a big thank you to Love, Lust and Lipstick Stains for organizing the hop. I hope you have fun and maybe even discover a few new stories and authors on the way.

The theme of the hop is of course what we love about summer. Whilst others may talk about swimming, hazy lost summers of their youth, the soaring temperatures and hot lovers – the one thing I love and value above all else (with the exception of my family) is... my air conditioner. Yes I know, it’s not at all sexy, sensual or even a little bit romantic but without it I couldn’t think or even function.

Summers in Australia are hot. Where I live it is not uncommon for the temperatures to hit up in the 40 – 45 degrees Celsius range (which is about 104 – 113 F). Now this would be fine if you could spend the day at the beach, river, watering hole, weir, pool or res (reservoir) but most days you can’t. On days like this I find it hard to write as my brain is usually melting out my ears.
Disaster averted - cold water stops woman melting through man.
 

This is why I love my air conditioner. I turn it to full and dream of winter.

...Oh, I’m also awfully fond of my fridge icemaker.

 

I’ve added a snippet of one of my stories, Misrule’s Mistress. It’s a medieval Christmas novella set in England. It’s Yuletide which means frost, ice and snow abound. With all the heat of the Summer Lovin’ Hop, I thought some of you may need a little cooling off!

 Lord Barric Cranley wants Lady Ellette for his wife but she has already refused once. He knows that Ellette loves him… it’s just she hasn’t realized it yet. With a little help, cunning and the Feast of Misrule, Barric plans to capture his bride and make it a Christmas she’ll never forget.

 To go into the major prize draw (a huge bundle of ebooks) please leave a comment and email address in the comment section below - thanks!

Thanks for visiting & enjoy the hop!

There's a blue froggy link to keep you hopping at the end of this post.

Nicóle  xx  *who is in the middle of a glorious winter*
www.nicolehurley-moore.com
 

 

Excerpt

“If I were sure that you loved me, if you would accept my offer, I would wait if I knew how long.”Barric slowly closed his fingers over the ring and let his hand fall down by his side.

“I cannot tell you, for I do not know – a year, two... or three.”

“But after all these long years, would you then marry me?”

“I do not know, Barric; I do not know what to say. I am confused and do not know what I want or feel,” she said as went to walk away but Barric caught her arm and she turned her head and looked at him.

“You kissed me back, Ellette.”

“I know, I know I did... but...”

“Then without an answer I cannot wait for you, Ellette, no matter how much I want to,” Barric said as his hand slid down her cheek. “If I cannot have you, it matters little who I take for a wife. And because of that, I vow I will be married by the Feast of Epiphany.”

Arching a brow, Ellette replied, “Are brides so easily found?”

“I want you, Ellette, but if you do not wish me for a husband and cast me aside, I will be forced to find a bride elsewhere.”

“By the end of our winter festivities?”

 “Aye,” Barric said.

“I fear you have taken our games and challenges too far. For whom will you marry... the kitchen maid, or the weaver’s daughter? I am the only eligible maid at Cranley, and I say nay.”

“Mayhap, but I will be married by midnight at the feast.”

“In twelve days?” Torn and confused, Ellette stared at Barric. Part of her wanted to cry that perhaps she had been too hasty, perhaps one day, far away, she would marry him. Mixed with that, she was annoyed and hurt that he would think she was so easily replaced; and lastly, a hint of competitiveness reared its head. She almost wanted to take his challenge and wager that it would be impossible to marry in twelve days.

“Aye – I swear it,” Barric said as he turned and returned to the feast, leaving Ellette alone with her riotous thoughts.


Misrule's Mistress Amazon Link -
http://goo.gl/hM95yi


Images - Love, Lust & Lipstick Stains.
Bigstock,, JGP.
 



 


                                        http://www.lovelustandlipstickstains.co.uk/p/blog-hops.html
 
 
 

20 comments:

  1. LOL Nicole, I love my AC too! Although I do miss my central heating during our winter here :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i also adore my central A/C. i live in canada and right now we are in the middle of summer and i'd die if i didn't have a/c

      parisfan_ca@yahoo.com

      Delete
    2. I hear you, Laurie! Thanks for stopping by. ;)

      Delete
  2. Sounds good, thanks.
    magic5905 at embarqmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live for my AC, though right now, in Iowa, it hasn't been too bad. *knock on wood* It will probably hit 105 again tomorrow now that I said that. :) I put Misrule's Mistress on my TBR. That looks so good! Thank you! heather1974 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you stay cool. And thanks so much for putting Misrule on your TBR pile - you've made my day! :)

      Delete
  4. You sound like my husband. He always says he will work 2 jobs to pay the AC bill and won't travel anywhere if AC isn't available. Personally, I love heat so I don't mind. That is why I do lots outside while our house feels like an icebox.
    Mel
    bournmelissa at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mel - iceboxes are good! Lol Thanks for taking the time to comment and I hope you are enjoying the hop.

      Delete
  5. I LOVE my AC! Not so good with heat. And I can contest that Misrule is a great read, I loved it :)

    dreammie_angel at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much Celina - I'm so happy you liked Misrule's Mistress! :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for being part of the hop! I am finding so many awesome books!!!

    grapeapril75(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it! Thanks so much for hopping by :)

      Delete
  7. I am very grateful to have AC, but if it's cool enough, I love to have the windows open.

    pjmillion(at)comcast(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing the great excerpt and the giveaways. I definitely stay inside in the AC and read. Too hot and I don't like the sun. evamillien at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eva, I totally understand. The summer starts and I hide in darkened rooms and embrace my vampiric side(well, maybe not - but I do hide inside). Thanks for dropping by. :)

      Delete
  9. Thanks for taking part in the hop, Nicole! Our UK summers don't last long enough to justify having AC so we all just suffer for the few weeks that we have very high temperatures. We're back to rain here now :(

    ReplyDelete