Friday 13 March 2015

When Inspiration Strikes.



Hi everyone,

This post is more about inspiration than writing. This week I volunteered or I should say that my husband volunteered my services to help out at an employment expo he was organising (the truth is he roped in the entire family). There were lots of employers presented as well as jobs, information seminars and study opportunities.  The whole expo was a resounding success and Chris did an amazing job in putting it all together.

What’s that got to do with writing and/or inspiration I hear you say???

The inspiration came in the form of the venue. The Bendigo Town Hall is another wonderful example of Victorian era architecture and design. I’ve included a few photos just so you can see how pretty it is. It's decorated in cream, soft green and gilt. I'm in heaven, I mean I could really live in this space.

My son took the photos (see I said the entire family was volunteered).

So for the past couple of days my head has been spinning with possibilities.  I can just see our heroine who is dressed in pale green silk, standing on the balcony looking down at the ball below. Her eyes lock onto our hero who is standing on the edge of the dance floor.

I’m not sure what sort of story will be, the building lends itself to historical romance but it could be used in a contemporary. Ah, the plot bunnies are beginning to hop about. J

 
 
Thanks for stopping by.

Nicóle xx

 Photos by Have a Slice Productions.

No comments:

Post a Comment